I have dabbled with matting before but with the free time I have on winter break I figured I would take another crack at it. I wanted to make something for my son Rowan so I scanned his ultrasound pictures and had them printed at CVS. With the easy stuff out of the way I got down to the tough stuff. After measuring and outlining where I wanted the pictures to go I got to cutting. It was rough, some of the lines are not perfectly straight. Other times I went the wrong direction with the beveled blade and reversed the angle. This takes the white line away from matting. Even with all of the mistakes I am still pleased with how it came out. It was good practice all in all.